Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos

Actually the full name of these is "Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow," but that just seemed like too much of a mouthful.  After hearing so much about these online, I decided to get two of them a few months ago (Audacious Asphalt and Tough as Taupe).  Then after seeing that voussontbeauetbelle on youtube uses Too Cool as inner tear duct highlight and how great it looked on her, I picked up that one as well today.

So as you can probably tell, I picked 3 of the more neutral shades of the 10 that are available.  Sure I found the other colors beautiful as well (I might actually go back for the teal and pomegranate ones) but I thought I'd get the most use from these.

I really do enjoy these, but in the vastness of my eyeshadows, sometimes I forget about them.  So let's do general pros and cons and then I'll get down to the specific colors I have.
PROS:
-Can be worn without a primer and without a shadow on top and will not crease.
-Easy to work with and to build up.
-Come in 10 beautiful varying colors.
-Relatively easy to find and cheap.  (About $7 at any drugstore, Target, Ulta, or Walmart etc)

CONS:
-Although these do not crease, they do disappear after a few hours if not worn with a primer on me.
-Packaging is a bit heavy/glass.
-I'm afraid continuously putting my fingers in the pot is a bit unsanitary but I suppose this can be solved with using a brush.

Please ignore my scar, I burnt my hand getting brownies out of the oven...

Audacious Asphalt - I really enjoy this shimmery gunmetal as a base to silvery/gray smokey eyes but I wouldn't personally wear this color on it's own.

Tough as Taupe - This the only matte/cream finish that I have.  I enjoy wearing this color just on its own as it blends out pretty well.

Too Cool - I'm not sure if the swatch really shows it, but this is a shimmery white that looks great as a more dramatic tear duct highlight and since it's a cream product, it definitely lasts much longer than simply placing a shimmery powder shadow there.  Layering both would ensure that the color does not fade at all.

So over all?  I'd say these are a 4.5/5 in my book and I'd definitely recommend getting a few in colors you think you'd wear.  If you've tried these, leave me a comment with what you think of them or what colors you think I need! :D

-Vy


No comments:

Post a Comment